Monday, March 11, 2013

The Day I Took My First Step

I'm a recovery-infant. I just took my first steps one month ago, but still prefer to crawl most of the time.

I've been so inspired by the many honest women out there who have shared their experiences with sexual addiction, and their hope in Christ as they walk the road of recovery. One month ago I was in the muck of my addiction, had just lived a terrible weekend of acting out time and time again. But then I came across Sidreis' blog .

This moment is glued in time.

As I read, I was sitting on my rocking chair, curled up in a blanket crying tears of sorrow and relief all at the same time. I was grateful for the feeling of normalcy that momentarily shooed the depression away. She led me to other women just like me, and now I have a sounding board to share my feelings, without the shame that typically accompanies it. Her blog is heaven sent. She is heaven sent! Thank you, Sidreis for encouraging me to take my first steps down this road of recovery.

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome my friend:-) I'm so happy for you. You are a beautiful and noble daughter of God, a warrior princess in this valiant war. You are a fighter. I sense that in you. Keep fighting my friend. You are not alone. We are in this together!

    ReplyDelete