Thursday, October 24, 2013

Seattle Sex Addiction Recovery Groups

HELLO!!! It's been a while since I've blogged.

A couple months ago, my hubby and I finally started couple's counseling together and overall it has been a very good experience. I mean....it sucks....it's hard....and I tend to become very defensive and guarded, but on the flip side I have also tried to take that time to be vulnerable and share, and it's kind of relieving to get everything out there.

I have a very kind, and patient husband. I tell you, those character traits never became more startlingly clear until we started therapy together. Often times during our session, after hard discussions he'll reach over and grab my hand. Or, when I refuse to hold it back, he'll keep his hand on my leg. He continues to be there for me. Over. And over.

Our counselor and my Bishop still suggested I find someone to visit with personally who specializes in sex addiction. I *finally* found Heidi in Bellevue who I feel is a good match. One of the highlights of our discussion last week was on starting a women's recovery group.

A while back I posted about my desire to get one started. I feel like Heidi was practically on the same page as me! She's already received approval for their Bellevue office to start a group on either Mon/Tues Evenings. The fine details are still getting worked out, but please spread the word!

LifeStar does have a women's group up and running now through their program. Last I heard, it is in Renton on Thursdays 4-530.

And last of all, my stake president has also heard my requests and have now assigned their newest high councilman to be in charge of starting a Women's Only group for our surrounding Bellevue, Bellevue South and Redmond Stakes!! These details are also getting organized, but stay posted!

The ball is rolling. This is very exciting. Very good.

UPDATE:
The women's group at BCS is not operating. LifeStar has a women's group meeting on Mondays at 3. And SA meets at St. Andrew's Lutheran church (across from the temple) at 8am Saturday mornings. 

4 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I wish you great success, but even if only one person comes, this program is succeeding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome.
    so much good comes out of proactivity.
    way to be a force for good.

    ReplyDelete