Sunday, March 16, 2014

SA Club: No Boys Allowed!


Today I did something I haven't done in a very, very long time: I got out of bed at 7am!!

I also did something I have never done before: Attended an SA meeting! Best part, it was Women's Only! 

The first day I committed to attending an ARP group, I was filled with a lot of worry. This morning's experience was no different--I dreamt all night long about the meeting, getting lost trying to find the meeting, not making it to the meeting, and altogether trying to avoid the meeting. I worried a lot!!

But luckily, thankfully, God blessed me with the energy and courage to go.

And it was wonderful. 

And now I have a handful of "real life", "face-to-face" contacts EACH OF WHOM VOLUNTEERED THEIR PHONE NUMBERS, and greeted me and welcomed me, and I dare say loved me when they didn't even know me yet. Holy crap!! That happens?

Yes. Yes it does. Hallelujah for my new group.

4 comments:

  1. I know I told you already, but I am so so so happy about this!!!! First, so amazed by your courage to go to another unknown meeting. And second, I'm so happy there is a women's only meeting and third, I love that you were welcomed and felt loved. So happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great :) It's great to feel loved and know you have people to turn to. I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! This is great! Hallelujah, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete